It seems like our time is in high demand with a host of priorities vying for our constant attention. I think we can all relate to that. One thing I’ve come to realize is that money comes and goes, but time just goes. I can always make more money, but I can never make any more time magically appear.
So, when it comes to your website, what should your attitude be about the time you spend on it? Does your website deserve your attention?
Here’s what I shared with my old friend:
Something to consider about your website is that, if you’re going to have an online presence, then two things are very true –
- It’s worth it to make it awesome – a memorable experience that others want to share about and continue to come back to
- You don’t have to do it all yourself
With WordPress, both of these are well within reach.
- The WordPress platform makes it quick and easy to make your site look very professional and current
- WordPress is very easy (and quick) to update
- You can have several contributors and even syndication that will keep your website updated with fresh content
With that in mind, don’t sing the old Guess Who song…”I got got got got no time…”
Instead, maybe think of the FRIENDS theme song, and tell your website, “I’ll be there for you…”
Your visitors will be glad you did.